A look into Tofu - A starter theme for Drupal 8
Posted on August 12, 2017
Tofu is a Drupal 8 starter theme designed to keep things simple while providing template suggestion files and useful preprocess functions for your project. This is a theme that is not meant to use as a parent theme, however, feel free to remove or add components to fit your needs.
Checkout the repo here.
- Setup the location for your new starter-theme (eg.
- Find and replace the word “Tofu” with the desired name of your new starter theme.
- Setup the basic information for your starter-theme.
- Edit your
tofu.themefile to use the proper function names.
- Gulp is required to manage assets.
- First, you will need to install NodeJS.
- Install gulp with
npm install -g gulpfrom the command line. On some setups, sudo may be required.
npm installin your theme directory.
gulpto compiled and watch your JS/CSS changes.
- Set your website’s default theme.